Wishing you all the happiest of holidays, with plenty of puppy kisses!
This is Holly. She’s an Austin Humane Society alumni cat. When the AHS asked me if I’d want to donate my time to shoot Holly for the calendar I happily accepted. The Humane Society has always held a special place in my heart. I worked there as I went to photo school, and I also started my pet family there with a sweet little cat named Shanene. But I was talking about Holly wasn’t I?
Holly was adopted out by her human, Amy, in January of 2012. Apparently she was a bit of a grump when Amy brought her home, but the day we did her shoot she was Little Miss Happy-Go-Sunshine-Pants. She rolled around on the set acting like she owned it and worked one great pose after another. The first picture is the one gracing the month of July and the others are a few of the outtakes. To buy a calendar, and see some other alumni click here. All proceeds from the calendar benefit the animals of the AHS – which is a wonderful thing!
Looking for something amazing to do with your pups this weekend? Look no further. One of my favorite dog-friendly events of the year is this weekend – Barkitecture! If you haven’t heard of Barkitecture yet, I’ll break it down for you. It’s a dog-centric fundraiser that brings together the cities best architects, designers and builders to create one of a kind doghouses. The doghouses are judged and then are sold via silent auction during the event to benefit local dog rescue organizations here in Austin. How great is that?
The day will also include pet adoptions, vendor booths, and the Lofty Dog’s Winter Wear Fashound Show – where dogs and their owners tap into their inner fierceness and strut their stuff down the runway. It’s going to be a great day and I’ll be there all day taking pictures of the event, so if you see a girl with that recently married glow look about her, wildly snapping pictures, be sure to say hi.
Yep. It’s true. In exactly one week we are tying the knot. AHHHHHH!!!! I’m going to be taking some time off to enjoy the wedding, our family and friends, (did I say “enjoy?” I meant “panic about”), but I’ll be back in mid-November to catch up with you all. In the meantime, I leave you with a sneak-peak of a few of the cute little guys I photographed for Sir Gary Collection. Seriously, is there anything cuter than a dog in a bow tie?
Love animals? Love feeling good? Then you are about to love The 13 Project that Pretty Fluffy just launched! The idea is simple, all you have to do is come up with 13 acts of kindness towards animals before 2013. And what perfect timing as there are exactly 13 weeks left in 2012. (YIKES!) When Serena of Pretty Fluffy asked if I wanted to be involved with this I jumped at the chance! And here’s the fun part – you can too. All you have to do is come up with a list of goals, (they don’t have to be large and there really doesn’t even have to be 13 – just whatever you can do), to help animals before years end. Did I mention I love this project?
My Project 13 Goals:
1. Be fashionable and philanthropic by buying a tee from here. Each t-shirt will help Emancipet cover the cost of spay/neuter surgeries for animals in need.
2. Clean studio – donate collars, toys, clothing and other misc. items that were gently used in photo shoots this year to a local shelter.
3. Agree to donate my time to do a shoot for the Austin Humane Society 2013 calendar (Did this one last week!)
4. Post or share a rescue animals pictures on my facebook page.
5. Donate my time to shoot holiday portraits where the proceeds will benefit an animal rescue or charity.
6. Attend the Rags to Wags fundraiser that benefits the Austin Humane Society.
7. Clean house – donate old towels and sheets to a local shelter.
8. Sign up for P.A.L.S. (Pets Assisting the Lives of Seniors), to help with monthly pet food delivery, and pet transport for veterinary visits.
9. Buy some Rescue Chocolate. Not that I need an excuse to eat chocolate, but if I did, this is the perfect one. From each chocolate purchased 100% of the net profits are donated to animal rescue organizations around the country.
10. Buy a 2013 calendar where the proceeds benefit animals in need. (Yet to decide which one.)
11. Sign this pledge to stop puppy mills.
12. Continue to donate part of each of my session fees to an animal charity or rescue.
13. Share and promote The 13 Project to inspire others!