Love animals? Love feeling good? Then you are about to love The 13 Project that Pretty Fluffy just launched! The idea is simple, all you have to do is come up with 13 acts of kindness towards animals before 2013. And what perfect timing as there are exactly 13 weeks left in 2012. (YIKES!) When Serena of Pretty Fluffy asked if I wanted to be involved with this I jumped at the chance! And here’s the fun part – you can too. All you have to do is come up with a list of goals, (they don’t have to be large and there really doesn’t even have to be 13 – just whatever you can do), to help animals before years end. Did I mention I love this project?
My Project 13 Goals:
1. Be fashionable and philanthropic by buying a tee from here. Each t-shirt will help Emancipet cover the cost of spay/neuter surgeries for animals in need.
2. Clean studio – donate collars, toys, clothing and other misc. items that were gently used in photo shoots this year to a local shelter.
3. Agree to donate my time to do a shoot for the Austin Humane Society 2013 calendar (Did this one last week!)
4. Post or share a rescue animals pictures on my facebook page.
5. Donate my time to shoot holiday portraits where the proceeds will benefit an animal rescue or charity.
6. Attend the Rags to Wags fundraiser that benefits the Austin Humane Society.
7. Clean house – donate old towels and sheets to a local shelter.
8. Sign up for P.A.L.S. (Pets Assisting the Lives of Seniors), to help with monthly pet food delivery, and pet transport for veterinary visits.
9. Buy some Rescue Chocolate. Not that I need an excuse to eat chocolate, but if I did, this is the perfect one. From each chocolate purchased 100% of the net profits are donated to animal rescue organizations around the country.
10. Buy a 2013 calendar where the proceeds benefit animals in need. (Yet to decide which one.)
11. Sign this pledge to stop puppy mills.
12. Continue to donate part of each of my session fees to an animal charity or rescue.
13. Share and promote The 13 Project to inspire others!